Thursday, April 14, 2011

Art 450 week 3 progress

I renamed the project TangoMania

So I worked on some rough models in Mudbox, but don't currently have any images rendered to post here.

I also explored some reference material online, as well as consideration of kinesthetics of the basic tango walk movement during my tango classes these past couple of weeks.  The tango classes that I am co-teaching will be considered part of my reference material.


I have realized that it may be beyond the scope of my abilities to create an adequate working rig for this process, so I might use a borrowed rig for my animation.  There are dozens of free rigs available online, I got some from Creative Crash web site, and am experimenting with the movement of which ones might be best suited for dance movement.  The M2 Miranda rig demo dancing here...this one might work.



Here's a nice video of one of the tango festivals that I went to in Portland a few months ago.  I'll use videos as such to reference to try and get a better understanding of how to create realistic movements of my character for the dance.

me>

And here's something to inspire...and something to aspire for....

No comments:

Post a Comment