Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project 3: Texture reflection




This is the Cheshire Cat from the recent animation of Alice in Wonderland.  I love the fir, but really have no idea what type of texture it is, or even if it’s considered a texture.  The eyes and teeth however, do seem to be textured somehow, and they work wonderfully in this particular composition.  The reflectivity and sheen of the eyes is very impressive (to me). 


This image is from Coraline.  Honestly, I don’t really know what is and is not modeled and textured in the “stop animation”, but if the colors and textures of the objects – plants, stairs, wall and the building in the background are really amazing.  I love this shot of her!


Again, I don't know what or is not textured via 3D animation in this case, but I love the intricacy and detail of Coraline's clothing.  The colors of her garments are beautifully complimentary, and there is also a very provocative contrast between the softness of the fabrics and the shiny, smooth, plastic feel of her hair, face and eyes.  I'm definitely in love with this girl in some twisted sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment