Monday, October 25, 2010

Picture


Portraits

Melissa
Elijah
self
Alphabet soup
x
I

H

Q

O

I learned the most from the “Alphabet Soup” part of the this project because I got me looking a lot more closely at the shapes and colors of the natural surroundings.  It was also a really wonderful time to be out doing that kind of exercise because of all the autumn colors.

Through exploring the various functions of my digital camera, I discovered that I could get it to recognize specific colors, like the reds in portraits of two friends (Elijah’s lips and Melissa’s hat) and self (face and shirt), and it would make the rest of the photograph black and white.  Pretty cool feature, I thought.

I cropped Elijah's portrait to put more focus on his smug facial expression.



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I wonder if my digital camera has that color feature on it. That's pretty cool. Natalie's always fooling around with the colors in her photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby, it looks like you're having some fun with this...I'm so glad. Maybe you DO have a future in computer art.

    ReplyDelete